View Single Post
Old 28-09-2020, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
I am doing ok too BigJohn. I was deeply cut (pardon the pun) that my second time around to fill the void in my life was karate. First time as a teen, left it for a military life. Got married life happened, kids etc major locational move. Felt something missing in my life. Found it and lost a leg over it. Got kicked really hard during sparring and didn't take action until it was too late. I knew it was the universe telling me to slow down, this is not the right path for me. It certainly worked. Having overcome a stroke also played it's part 4 years after I discharged from the military it happened. One of the things that came out of it, I quit smoking instantly. It was like it was erased from my habitual part of my memory. Haven't touched one since. The second positive I got out of was my sheer will and determination to not let it be the end of me. Hence doing karate again as an adult. Now I work my mind and true self, spirit/soul. I teach my youngest who asked me if I cold teach him some self-defence. I accepted and also teach to respect others and not to go looking for a fight. Saying things to him like," It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it". In other words, knowing how to hold yourself up during a stoush, but avoiding them, is better than to not know how to and get beaten up.

It certainly did test me and my immediate family during my long recovery process. I certainly learnt alot about myself and others. Regardless what individuals go through in their lives you can get through anything. All you have to do is literally put your mind and heart into it and anything can be acheived.

Thanks for sharing.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜