Thread: Recurring UTIs!
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Experiencer
I've had issues with chronic UTIs and kidney infection too. Here is what worked for me :
- I take cranberry pills everyday (just like moontulip, I try to stay away from the juice because it has too much added sugar)
- I pee and rinse myself after every intercourse. No soap as it could cause irritation, just water. I ask my significant other to wash his hands and be overall clean.
- I went to my urologist who prescribed me a very heavy preventive antibiotics treatment. Heavy, because of the side effects. I don't know for sure if this treatment has been very effective, but since my UTI problem is gone now, I think I should get my doctor some credit for it
- I broke up with my ex-boyfriend... We had a lot of issues and I realized afterwards that at some point, getting the UTIs was probably an unconscious technique for me to not have sex with him...

By any chance, did you get your urine tested? There many many antibiotics on the market (not only 2 that your doctor seems to prescribe on and on) and some are specifically targetted for specific germs... They might work for you better than your current medicine. Besides, if you use one antibiotic for too long, your body will become used to it and the efficiency will be decreased.

Instagram: Prananina