View Single Post
Old 30-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Haoma

Psoriasis - Oregon Grape Root

I had moderate to sometimes quite severe psoriasis on both of my legs for a period of several months. Here's how I rid myself of it...

I was using (and still continue to use) Avacado oil - I believe it's organic, and would apply the oil 3-4 times throughout the day (before shower + after shower). This REALLY helped keep dryness to a minimum. The only problem I had with dry skin was in the overnight sleeping period, and would often get up in the middle of the night requiring application of the oil. A number of people say to use aloe vera on the skin, I found it very drying and only helpful when the skin became inflammed due to scratching, or simply inflammation in the body. So very helpful for its cooling properties, yet not something to apply as often as the oil. (my experience)

Approx 4 weeks ago I began taking wild Oregon Grape Root (liquid tincture - as it is said to absorb quicker), along with a combo supplement of wild Milk Thistle and Dandelion. All the while continuing to use the Avacado oil.

A few days ago I noticed something had changed.. and so I examined my skin up close and.. NO PSORIASIS!

I continue to take the Oregon Grape Root daily in a smaller dosage, along with the Milk Thistle/Dandelion powder in veg capsules.

I found out about these three herbs in the book 'Pathways to Healing' by Don Ollsin. http://www.amazon.com/Pathways-Heali...ing+don+ollsin

Last edited by Haoma : 30-06-2012 at 07:28 PM.