View Single Post
Old 28-07-2020, 06:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Being this forum is going to close soon,
    would it not be nice to share why

"IS INTERFAITH VIABLE"?

For me, Interfaith is an outward aspect of Spirituality.

That question is almost too Big John for this simple space or any other but its a great question and proposition. Our actions here on earth today are influenced and shaped by Religions involvement and non involvement with the struggle for dominance and power over the earth. People seem quite aware of the involvement of religions in wars and upholdment of power but they are reluctant at best to acknowledge the influencing and civilising aspects of Religions on the human race ? The ideals of love, justice, fraternity and Heaven are spoken about in the Bible and ancient texts of India and China to name but two, long before they become enshrined into the constitutional politics of secular power ?

But its obvious that Religion hadn't grown up enough to be open, non threatened by older forms of worship and council contained within ancient civilisations such as the Native American Indians etc. As secular power has grown and remained stuck in its shape of determination regarding how each man is to live here on earth it is becoming obvious that it is not 'Religion' that is to blame or not Religion only that is blame for our lack of equality, fraternity and hatred towards each other. So we are beginning to see the power dynamic of fair and proper distribution, of goods, rights and opportunities enshrined in constitutional politics, or are we ? The new Religion of Material subjegation over the earth which started to speed up with The Enlightenment and The Industrial Revolution is in full swing, cosied a little by our remembered obligations towards our Brothers and Sisters. It is not a material reality unfortunately and the scramble to the top of Nowhere is on full throttle unfortunately.

To cut a very long story short, I feel genuine interfaith religious leaders could have a loving and positive influence on proceedings here on earth. But the price would probably be for those leading such an expedition to have the courage to Stand up or even divorce themselves at the risk of death perhaps to Secular powers. Man's incredible and positive inventions and knowledge are there to serve the greater good of humanity not to give justice to the affront of war, as if you could ever justify a war. We are told to walk away from violence ourselves, rightly so, to deal with aggression in creative and wholesome ways and yet our representative Governments dive into Wars that were avoidable through sanction etc. from the start.

Yes i feel interfaith is not only viable but completely and somewhat ironically in the light of history going to uplift the human race. Thanks John for letting me share my scattered ideas. :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge