View Single Post
Old 16-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Master

Starman, what a riveting experience. I dated some soldiers freshly back from Vietnam back in 'the day' and I can support what you say about how they were considered the scourge of the Earth. It was horrible. I would listen to these veterans tell of how they were spit upon and things thrown at them as they got off the planes back here in the States. I never could understand why American society turned their backs on the soldiers like that.

I am glad you were able to redefine yourself. That's what getting older does. It brings everything back together as one experiences life and 'settles in'.

And yes, for those of you who weren't born then, the Vietnam veterans were treated abominably when they returned home. You may not know, but back then the military was not voluntary. The draft was installed and young men, fresh out of high school were sent draft notices saying they had to go. No choice.

Back to suicide, if you, Starman or I would have commit suicide we would not have finished our lessons and learned to love ourselves. We would have had to come back and start the lessons all over again. Better to just keep moving forward. I don't want to come back anymore.