Thread: worst movies
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Though if you look at it. There had to be some way to make Anakin the chosen one with the force. Symbiotic's would probably of been one of the only ways to accomplish that and be believable. And I agree that there is poor writing when you have these characters that are supposed to be tough and all, but then die in a quick fight. Like Whiplash in Iron Man 2. That was the only real bad thing with that movie. Was the build up to the final fight was not a good climax to the story.
For me, it sucked the mystery, the supernaturla out of it.
Instead of a wise old Jedi Master intuitively knowing if the force is strong in someone,
all they gotta do is use their Tricorder probe and a number shows up showing how much force one has in them.

I watched Iron Man simply 'cus of Robert Downey.
Didn't like the look of the sequal though and most likely will never watch it.

The Dark Knight...the slip into overexaggerating the gizmos.
Granted, driving on rooftops was a bit extreme in Batman Begins, and Batman hanging by the cable in the train sequence,
but there was too much in Dark Knight.
And Two Face was too humanly impossible. It's stuff like that that forces me out of the immersion of the movie experience.

Quote:
More bad movies. Many of the Jack Black movies are terrible. Such as Nacho Libre, Year One.
I've only ever seen him as a lead in Year One and I still laugh at each viewing.
Have not seen any others as him as lead, though he's great in Enemy of the state, High Fidelity.(supporting roles)

Transformers was pretty good, but only for these two things...
Shia LaBeouf, of course. been a fan of his since Holes, and the humorous dialogue.

But seeing Megan Fox lying seductively on the hog in the second one as she was painting it was enough for me to stop watching it.
Really bad product placement. The product being sex.
And he's making a forth !

After watching The Island, it occured to me that Michael Bay is a master of the B grade.
Minimal story and character depth, obvious sexual innuendos, explosions, action.