View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Elfin

Talk about art...

Hi Everyone... I cannot send pictures , because I don't know how... Neither do I know how to send links to the internet...in other words I'm a waste of space !!!!!!!!!!!........ But what I CAN do is talk , and describe , and recommend you look up.... Because I love Art..... I am fascinated with it... I love graffiti and in particular banksy... ( Although a class apart from graffiti) and I've had the pleasure of seeing one of his "works" on the side of a house in Cornwall UK. The little girl with a balloon. I watched an art programme a week or two ago , which was an art auction at Sotheby's UK. The art industry was concerned and worried about Covid ( yes it gets everywhere) , and how the arts would be affected by it..... They had no need to worry.... A small painting of a "tomato" plant , on a windowsill , with a single ripe fruit , sold for about £18 million . This painting was to symbolise the "hope" after the war ..... Likewise, in the same auction.. a Klimt "flower meadow"... Lovely to look at , in its own way, sold for a staggering £47 million. The third highest priced painting in Europe...... (Although it was "easy on the eye" the flowers ... And even the narrator agreed .... Were "basic"....just a blob of paint with a black blob in the middle )..... Now I wouldn't , quite frankly have minded a quid or two from a charity shop, if you get my meaning..... But £47 million ??? .....would Love to know who bought it....!!