View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 12:19 AM
Master
EXCERPT 2 QUOTE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Omg, I don't know what to say - I am at 8 minutes in...he is wonderful...he has a way of phrasing things
that is just a hair clearer and different than some people

I'm glad that you liked what you have heard thus far. I studied under Pir Vilayat Khan many years ago and I sent this link to several of my friends whom I thought would appreciate it. I loved the way he explained things and answered questions in person.

There was one unforgettable incident involving him that happened at "The Abode" when I was there watching him like a hawk as I often did when I "evaluated" spiritual masters. There was a young kid (perhaps 7 years old or so) dancing for him and, when the kid danced to one side without looking, he accidentally stepped on a stringed instrument. I saw the pained look on Pir's face as some one near me remarked, "That was his favorite instrument". The kid started to cry uncontrollably when he saw what he had done and Pir's facial expression changed instantly. He looked at the kid and gently said something to the effect: "Don't worry about that instrument. It's just an old one. It doesn't matter." The kid was immediately relieved and started smiling again.