View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 09:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
If that's your philosophy in Life, cool beans.

For me my Philosophy is just to attempt to understand something, instead of acting like I know something.

Too or To? Ehh I just use to...Too makes me think of Tootsie rolls then I forgot to learn which one is used properly :(
Sometimes I just like watching threads because often it becomes full of character rather than Spirituality. That's not a judgement it's an observation I enjoy watching play out.

I think the gist of non-duality seems to be the reconciliation of opposites such as light and dark, love and hate being the 'classics'. Spiritual vs human. Often it's binary thinking because one of them is sent to the trashcan so there's little reconciliation between the two. It becomes one-dimensional Spirituality and most of the time self-defeating, trying to argue the non-existence of something that you've acknowledged the existence of is not Right Thinking.

Is that a Tootsie Roll or a roll from Toostsie? Asking for a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
I think the belief of Duality is very good and important. And the philosophical idea's of non-duality as well.
I think the belief is very limiting because for the most part people tend to create their beliefs and when the cognitive dissonance kicks in so does the Spiritual 'fight or flight' response kicks in. Few seem to want to understand what creates duality and few seem to want to expand their consciousness past it. There are things both 'above and below' duality that make sense of everything.

Non-duality is the bonkers that acknowledges the existence of duality then argues that it doesn't exist. Duality is binary thinking - 'this' vs 'that'. Non-duality is a binary thinking attempt to transcend binary thinking by using binary thinking - duality vs non-duality. The non-duality argument seems to choc-a-bloc with duality. It's all very one-dimensional.

It would be interesting here to include some psychology because the Jungian model of the self resolving the paradox between the conscious and conscious to create/expand consciousness explains it all very well. Unfortunately duality rears its ugly head because psychology has no place in Spirituality because many Spiritual people don't understand how well the ancients of the Indus Valley knew about psychology.

Then again, the Triplex Unity model that the pre-Taoist alchemists resolves the paradox of duality vs non-duality - or any other 'this' vs 'that' in a nicely five-dimensional way. It's the undifferentiated consciousness of the self rather than the differentiated consciousness of the ego - which is the 'source' of duality, both Spiritually and psychologically.

"The world, indeed, is like a heat haze.
Things have no form in themselves"
The Tao Te Ching
Mary English translation.

B it we make a thing of duality and non-duality.

Last edited by Greenslade : 12-06-2021 at 10:14 AM.