View Single Post
Old 24-03-2021, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator
I came down with something in early Spring 2018 which at first I thought was a kind of "flu" but it was not classic flu with all the symptoms. It just felt the way you feel the FIRST day you are coming down with flu....and went on and on .
It happened very suddenly.
In the fourth week it affected my gut. Then that passed. But for two years it affected every aspect of my life and the doctors (I saw two) thought it was post-viral syndrome.Blood tests, neurologist's exam and CT scan were normal.
I had always bounced back from anything I caught before in my life. It was very strange.
I kept getting remissions and relapses. It would go away for a while then come back. Nothing I tried helped it, and I tried many vitamins and supplements, and herbal medicines.

Then in early 2020 I caught Covid. For a couple of weeks before Covid symptoms, I had a very bad gut. That also came and went. But then the classic Covid symptoms started. They were quite dramatic, but I recovered, and for a few weeks felt much better generally.
I even believed Covid had somehow cured me!

I felt much better for weeks, then the gut symptoms started again. Then later....dizziness, heart symptoms, etc And post-exertional malaise. (for instance I would feel better and go for a walk for a few miles. Two days after, I would get all the symptoms return with a terrible exhaustion.)

Owing to Covid restrictions there was no point going to the doctor, but I did get stool analyses done, and those were all normal. The doctor thinks I have IBS. (on the phone last June)

I am not sure if it's a carry-over from what happened in 2018 or if it's "long Covid".

New symptoms started as well as the old ones. GERD was a nuisance. Heart missing beats also continually

What I have found helped me since last Autumn were: a long course of homeopathic treatment with a qualified practitioner.....manuka honey (medical grade)....the low FODMAP diet......trying to "pace" my activities so as not to use up too many resources too fast....DGL licorice (to help the gut)....my own blend of herbal bitters.

I still crash and have relapses but had been making a little improvement generally.