View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 11:12 PM
Knower
In NDEs, the idea of being flat-line brain dead has to be verified. If it isn't, the "experience" can be coming in from another direction. Eben was in a coma and was not "brain dead."

My argument with things he said starts here: (Bold font is my addition.)

"Evil was present in all the other universes as well, but only in the tiniest
trace amounts. Evil was necessary because without it free will was
impossible
, and without free will there could be no growth—no
forward movement, no chance for us to become what God longed for
us to be. Horrible and all-powerful as evil sometimes seemed to be in a
world like ours, in the larger picture love was overwhelmingly dominant,
and it would ultimately be triumphant."

So ... it seems this "other side" believes that the horrible things that we are surrounded with are - necessary? Isis beheadings are - necessary? The killing of how many innocent people with nuclear bombs on Japan was - necessary?

Sounds more like this is coming in from another direction.

NDEs are only half the picture ... there are also what I call ADEs (actual death experiences - complete with burial). You see and hear about these non-empathic people all the time ... what do you think the paranormal is all about?

All that's needed is a person unconscious (like in this case, in a coma) ... not brain dead, and what I call paranormal data transfer can occur. It's really very simple ... I've had it happen to me while sleeping.

In this case, Eben thinks God (or what he called Om) was telling him this. Sounds like someone is trying to justify their position. Eben tells other people ... no one questions anything ... and - OK - EVIL is NECESSARY!