View Single Post
Old 16-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
How can one understand what one isn't remotely capable of understanding on an intellectual level? I'm content to leave it at that. It can probably be best described in one word - humility.

Gratitude is another great word and I'm glad you brought it up. Sometimes I contemplate at a very gross and conceptual level the Butterfly Effect from the beginning of what we label reality leading to sitting at a keyboard and typing this reply.

I'm going to take a nice hike tomorrow in the cold and snow of the mountain wilderness and soak it all in like a sponge.
I may also spend some quality time elsewhere for a while...good idea! I need to be constantly overstimulated and not bored into an endless rut.

Most of the time when I try to communicate with another person, I keep on getting reminded of why it is that I much prefer to keep to myself and my own company. I pretty much need to learn to accept that this is the way it just is because it is not in my power to change it.

This can also be said for the lack of motivation as experienced by the OP. If you know there is nothing you can do to change things, why fight it believing you can? Just accept it, deal with it and move on and if you cannot deal with it, then THAT becomes the issue and not the loss of motivation itself. Some people got it and some people don't and that is all there is to it.