Thread: God in Buddhism
View Single Post
Old 29-08-2020, 06:39 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I would say we are part of the Universe and are striving to grasp what the Universe is all about which is something we probably will never understand.

That book "Journey Of Souls" where people are hypnotized and taken to memories between lives hinted at the same thing. Even there, between lives, a lot of things are unknown. They (or we between lives) do a lot of energy work, some skilled in such things even create new consciousness's, but the basic "stuff" is just found there, and we figured out what we can make out of it, like how we figured out how to make glass out of sand... but who made the sand that had the potential to turn into glass? Between lives is the same. We found different types of energy and through experimentation how to make it into various things, physical forms, but we still have no idea what made this energy with these potentials.

People somehow think we go to "heaven" and all the mysteries are solved. Really the mysteries just get bigger. It reminds me of that scene in contact where she gets to the end of a wormhole/blackhole and an alien/life form talks to her and she asks them about the wormhole and the alien says, well actually we did not make that, we just found it and figured out how to use it...we know nothing about the civilization or beings that made it...

I remember being told in high school science that the universe seems to be infinite... I was like, what! No end? Really? How can something have no end? As freaky as that idea is, the alternative is just as freaky. Imagine it ends somewhere, what is on the other side of where it ends? What made it end there? What is all this contained in? This infinite space? The human mind cannot grasp any of these realities. They are now discovering even atoms are made up of smaller things, too small for us to perceive with the machines we have now.

If we can't even see this stuff, what can? Then now days with modern math and DNA discoveries, scientists are saying statistically, it is impossible with the probability of dna programming for any of it to have happened without an intelligence of some kind specifically sequencing it in the only way it works which works out to be 1 in a trillion, trillion, trillion.... or some huge number that makes it impossible to have happened without some force making it into what it is.

But then why would we be the most intelligent thing/being that exists? Obviously we are not even close. Our brains do a billion calculations a second... the most things we can be aware of at one time is four...just as an ant will never understand what we are, we will never understand what our creators are...but then maybe we will..... we become more aware and intelligent all the time..... why wouldn't this growth be infinite in potential?

Maybe in a few billion years we too will be gods sending conscious "atoms" of ourselves into physical forms we created to become more aware so that we the totality becomes more aware......that seems to me to be the purpose in all of this and it too is very freaky... our god itself is growing in awareness and intelligence and using us to do so...