View Single Post
Old 22-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
Here is one suggestion: set aside the search and just focus on what you know is true. After eliminating all of your mental constructs, beliefs, and notions about things, and all second-hand knowledge, what are you left with? You are left with the fact that you ARE. Yes, that fact is the inescapable bottom line, right? No matter what else people believe, when all of that is discarded, there is still the fact of your own awareness. Now, if you were to simply return attention again and again to that basic recognition, which some call "the I am", and refrain from letting your attention drift to the various unanswerable questions and concepts that pass through your mind, you will notice that you begin to calm down. Pretty soon, if you are persistent in keeping your attention on the simple fact that you ARE, then you will notice all the other issues become less and less important. You can be happy, because happiness is in fact your natural state, once you have let go of all of the other confusions which you previously occupied yourself with. The "I am" is like the clear blue sky, and all the other thoughts are just like the passing weather that comes and goes. Eventually, it may become obvious that this "I am" has always been, and will always be, regardless of which body you are temporarily wearing, and regardless of whatever happens to it in the course of experience.

Blessings!

Similar to that works for me well. I disassociate from the need to know answers to my mind's questions and the need to analyze in it's framework. What's left when you let go of everything you think you have a handle on ?
Everything that really is . Or something like that