View Single Post
Old 24-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
i had my first one when i was five, it was pretty violent, my body levitated up and down after i shook very hard. my poor mom was terrified, the second time it happened i was in my late twenties, that time it was the most relaxing energy i have ever felt. i did not try to do this awakening, it just happened.
my friend was over the other week and we were talking about spiritual stuff and i started to feel a vibration with in me, but i did not shake on the outside, i told her this and she said this is what she feels when the holy spirit is with her. she said she was feeling it right then.
very interesting. one day i look forward to communing with her when the vibration stops and she feels the calm, the stillness of the "holy spirit"

Hi Gracey,

The body shakes are usually related to the root chakra - the spiritual centre for grounding (but they can be part of any chakra that is really blocked). I'm guessing that once you became more grounded, the energy could flow higher - so no more shaking. Your experience is interesting also because in TM (Transcendental Meditation) they actually teach levitation and it begins with the body (in meditation posture) jumping or hopping up and down and across the room and eventually levitating. It make me think that perhaps this was a pursuit of yours in a past life (just a guess).

I've heard this type of experience being compared to a garden hose all coiled and sort of knotted up - once you turn the tap on the hose begins to shake like crazy until the water can flow smoothly again. That's the idea. We can learn how to manage experiences like these if they get uncomfortable or are inappropriate in certain surroundings. That's why it's so important to focus on getting the brow chakra opened as it commands all the ones below it. Hence the emphasis in meditation on controlling the mind - one pointedness, watching the breath, repeating a mantra etc...

Uma