View Single Post
Old 18-09-2016, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeronknight
I know this might be off topic, but I don't know where to put this.
Why do people refer Darkness to evil, and light to good? I just see them as neutral "elements". It's the person's/spirit's choice to be evil/good...or am I wrong? Just curious, because darkness isn't bad....is it?

In my opinion "good" and "evil" are human concepts related to a dual nature of existence. God is often looked upon as love and light, so many believe that the absence of light, e.g. "darkness" is the opposite of "God," or good. Black, or darkness, has often been looked upon as a void or abyss, and this has been erroneously translated into the human drama, with people looking at anything black or dark being inert, evil, or at least sinister. It is the same in the way a lot of people used to look at a left handed person as sinister, but these notions do relate to a misconception, in my opinion, of duality. My non-dualistic point of view tells me that the darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. In my opinion the light is always present, even in the darkest of moments.