View Single Post
Old 15-03-2020, 09:23 AM

Angel1 What book has changed your understanding of some things in your daily life?

There's a certain weight and an overwhelming thrill when it comes to finishing an important book that you know will ultimately change your life. You know what I'm talking about: that moment you set it down, look out at the world in front of you, and let out a breath that feels as if you've been holding it in for years. It's a crazy and beautiful thing when you read a book that shifts your entire life perspective on the world.
It's safe to say that every book you've ever read has changed you in some way, even if it was a children's book you read at age 4 about sharing and caring. But it's the books that challenge your understanding of basic things in life like family, friendship, love, fear, and the many day-to-day issues you face that are the real page-turners.

Some Books realy you should be read it.

1. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

First published in 1952, this incredible novel reflects a nameless character's experience growing up in a black community in the South, and living a life filled with nightmares beyond belief. This novel explores the issues of racism, loss of innocence, and a society filled of hypocrisy. It's timeless in that there are still lessons to be learned and no matter the kinds of experiences you've lived, this book is about all the different human experiences out there.

2. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien

This book will ultimately change your perspective on war and love. In the era of Vietnam, O'Brien writes the stories that were true to him in the build up to the war, the horrors within, and the crumbling aftermath of it all. I'm not a big war-story kind of gal, but this book changed my life as a writer, reader, and person.

3. Beloved by Toni Morrison

Toni Morrison is a mastermind at creating stories that make your heart ache and make you question the world's most basic issues haunting the world today, even though it takes place in the 1800s. Sethe, a slave that escaped but is still not free, cannot let go of Sweet Home, a place full of terror but loving memories — and a tombstone engraved with "Beloved," where her nameless baby lays.