Thread: DOWSING WRONG?
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2018, 11:07 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hello Amethyst,

I have no other way to use questions. It takes some thought for phrasing it and then ask a series of questions. I'm guided by my intuition if I have the best phrasing and also if I suspect there's something fishy with a pendulum's response. If there is, then it means there's something fishy with a question or in SaturninePluto's example, a fishy pendulum. When that happens, I stop and review my questions. If I have a long session with a pendulum, I write down the questions. I find it helps, especially if I want to review the questions, to see if I'm getting to the core of my main concern.

By phrasing the questions to focus on yourself, instead of a boyfriend, you're respecting free will. You didn't ask him if you could dowse about your relationship from his perspective, it's disrespecting his free will because he would be ignorant of what you're doing. I agree with SaturninePluto to ask him despite how you feel. I had a boyfriend who did a tarot reading about me without my knowledge which is disrespect. He told me after the fact. It would've been better if he at least mentioned what he wanted to do. I felt he went sneaking around behind my back. Our relationship ended shortly after that.

All it takes is practice and some awareness of how you're phrasing questions. Do that often enough and you'll get the hang of it. Perhaps practice with subjects that you don't really care what the outcome is. I practiced with bits of history or legendary creatures like Nessie (the loch ness monster). So I started with what was known for easy verification of the pendulum's response and worked my way into the unknown. I did a lot of practice which had me rethinking and rephrasing the questions. SaturninePluto gave you a good example of working with questions.

Your question of, does he have romantic feelings for me, isn't a question. It's more of, this is the situation I'm in. I call that a main concern about him and it should have questions carefully phrased to respect him which is why the questions should be about you instead of him. I suspect those people who dowsed on your behalf didn't do that which can explain why you had accuracy issues. If they were the professionals they claimed to be, they should have shifted their questions away from him and towards you since you were the one who asked them for help. If they were emotionally attached to the outcome, that too affects the accuracy. It takes practice to emotionally stand aside temporarily while dowsing for yourself and about yourself. Also with dowsing, you're switching between your consciousness (to form questions) and your subconscious (for the pendulum to respond) while using intuition for both processes.

Pendulums are great for inspecting your own thoughts and emotions. I believe most people ask their Higher Selves but in my case, and I suppose there are others out there who are in a similar situation, have access to other spiritual/energy beings such as Spirit Guides, jinn, angels, Primary Spirit Guide, etc. That means more than one might be wanting to use my pendulum but that's another topic.

All that is left for you to do, in my opinion, is to practice and learn from your experience.

Hi Chrysalis,

It took me ages to respond back and I apologise for that, and this is also to others. I needed to think about this a little bit.. You're actually right when you said that I need to ask permission when dowsing for someone else. I tend to get: not allowed to know. Every single time. Now I understand. I respect that and I do not continue dowsing though. It is frustrating me but I need to let it go... It is just my excitement and wonder that lingers me on. Purely innocent. But just mere questions whether he likes me and all that, but nothing more than that.

But I made the decision now not to do that. But also I think that I am lacking in phrasing a good question that involves me. I need to put the focus onto myself. And experiment with that.

I have been dowsing for a year now almost every day except the past couple of months. Mainly for others. I have been offered some example questions but it takes time. This is something that takes more practise and time.

You are right I feel guilty now.

I will have to start doing it differnetly starting now.