View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

A programming suprevisor once told me that she was amazed that I typed in my programming work so slowly and that the finished product took less time to complete than the others she was teaching. That is because I was thinking ahead for potential bugs and building a sound software product. Many programmers, if not most, think in terms of fast code entry and not bug free software.

Now a highly intuitive person like yourself would be inclined to sense issues as you develope a software product. That skill is not really appreciated in our softwared development departments.

I like your questions. Ask as many as you wish.

John

Thanks. It reminds me of a web development class I took as one of my electives before. Somehow I was slower than the others because of emotional traumas in my life (As many lightworkers end up having), but I kept coming into to use the computer during lunch break to perfect each project.

Somehow I earned a perfect score on everything at the end of the term. Eh. I guess I didn’t give myself much credit back then. I act slowly but think deeply. People tell me I overthink things to an extreme, but that’s exactly what people told me when I was “overthinking” about paranormal phenemona.

I’m rather nervous though — less because of the intellectual skills put into this (I have a lot of that, or at least, more than the usual.), but because of the workaholic standards the education system gives me.

I always get the sense of being hurried and pressured — and while STEM subjects are fun outside the class, something about formal classes are making me slowly lose my passion over it. And that’s why I’m nervous — that instead of enjoying it for its own sake anymore, I’ll be afraid of not living up to expectations.

Do you have any advice on this though? All I know is that my intuition tells me to ask you.