Thread: Friendly ghosts
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Tsuga

All this week I have been commuting to a small town to do an employment training course. It is being held in an old church hall - just enough room for a few tables a dozen or so chairs and a power-point projector.

The old church hall is really very quaint. I like old-fashion things; whether they be towns, buildings, or...

One of the first things I noticed about the old hall was a few framed black and white photographs hung on one wall. Of particular interest to me was a picture of a group of Victorian women practitioners. Their long dresses and hairstyles fascinating to behold.

Another picture, from 1934, is that of the then vicar and a small group of his church elders. The minute detail of the old photograph is truly amazing. One can see with uncanny clarity the fob chain of a gentleman, the dull glint of a ring, the metallic sheen of shoe buckles, the texture of one woman's fur coat (more than likely real fur!). And of course, not to forget the light of Jesus in each and every one of their eyes.

This morning I arrived 30 minutes earlier than I intended and the old hall was empty and dim. I still felt a little sleepy so, stretching myself out on a row of chairs, I rested my head on a couple of cushions. Instead of drifting off into a half slumber I suddenly felt as light as a feather as if I had been lifted up into a cocoon of soft energy. I immediately thought about the people in the pictures on the wall behind me and a moment of terror encroached upon me. And as it did, the soft energy dissipated proportionally. So I forced myself not to feel afraid.

The soft energy grew stronger and I could indulge myself into imagining the presence of others passing through the old hall about their various business. It even felt quite realistic.

My point is, that with friendly ghosts, I felt sure that love was the key. The more I let my feeling flow, the more real it felt. I only wish I had had more time to have explored these things, as all too soon my fellow trainees began to arrive, and the hall's dimness vanished with the commencement of the day.

And yet, I still have three days left in which to witness some soft energy feedback.

t.