Thread: About Music
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2022, 07:05 AM
Master

Huge question probably why no one has said anything although I'm surprised they haven't. It's a perennial question, keeps coming around for me, sometimes during singing a song. Sometimes I ask what the hell am I doing during the middle of singing a song lol. (and so do others perhaps ask the same question lololol) So this just shows me how deep music is and that there is alot of communication taking place between different parts of ourselves or even different parts of the brain etc.
I'm realising as I make my journey as some kind of musician, guitarist and vocalist mostly and lyricist of course that you are making discoveries about yourself all the time too, the technical stuff, rhythm, harmony, melody and all of that is beautiful and important but it's the other elements of what music is which blow me away sometimes. It's dramatic, it's got everything to do with acting and sometimes it has nothing to do with it...so it's much more profound that you or I can even begin to imagine, it's a spiritual path but I guess because music has become so popular is a good and bad way that it is no longer seen as a bonafida spiritual path perhaps ?
So yes because music is so powerful and so big in a way it can overwhelm you almost and put you off !!! ..So from stopping a drunken man from fighting in a bar room all the way up to bringing civility into the court of kings and queens, etc. etc. etc. music has done it and been there. I could easily write many many more pages lol ...but ill spare you this time !!! but thanks for opportunity and great question !!! Joe.

__________________________________________________ ___________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge