View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
i am going to go an see a hypnotist, next year for a past life regression, but i am a little bit skeptical, as i battle with visulisation, and to make matters worse, i am also anaylitical, eg:
Hypnotist: Think of a beautiful comfortable chair, surround by white satin cushions
Me: (i would think about what chair i would find more comfortable, go through thousand of chairs i have seen recently, and then try and pick one, then i would think to myself, but i dont like satin)
so so it goes on....HAHAHAHA

is there any hope for me, will this work?
I suspect that most hypnotists would fail with you. They would first have to recognise your analytical pattern and know how to redirect it.

Of the two main styles, an Ericksonian hypnotherapist is more likely to do the above.

Quote:
Also i know imagination play a big part in all of this, but at the end of the day, one wants truth, not something they will keep thinking was it really true....or maybe i made it up?????????
Indeed. Being aware of this you're more likely to come up with something real. The hypnotist should also be extremely precise with what they say. Most aren't.

What do you hope to get out of PLR?