View Single Post
Old 14-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Master
Wow thanks Thunderseed!

All of that applies to me - it all makes sense. I was hit with one megacrisis after another and it's not over yet and it's all about burning karma and dark night of the soul and all that stuff and you're right that the eating and exercise doesn't do much to change the situation... and about not feeling safe being relate to it - that's also absolutely true. And I do feel light is around the corner but I have a lot of challenges ahead of me yet. Is there any more information out there about this subtle cause of weight gain?

I remember Swami Muktananda writing about his Guru Baba Nityananda who had this huge belly. He wrote that it wasn't fat but excess prana. And why is Buddha always depicted with this huge belly?

Also...just to share a reverse experience I had in 2004. I had a tremendous spiritual awakening then and it was followed by tremendous weight loss, 30 lbs. in one month and I was in a state of peace and joy and self-confidence and safety and everything was lovely for a long while but I was unable to maintain this and it slowly dissolved away over a 3 year period as karmic events dragged me into lower consciousness. But at the time, as well as the weight loss (a lot of which was due to the incredible self-mastery I experienced at the time) I also had massive hair loss. Someone I know who had a similar awakening went through the exact same thing - massive sudden weight loss and hair loss. I know of two people who experienced this.

So much agony could be spared to know that there are other reasons for body fluctuations than the physical ones!