View Single Post
Old 30-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Childhood Abuse and the Chakra System

I had this up on the old SF - though I reposted it but couldn't find it so here it is - I feel this can also be applicable to ANY type of abuse at any age:

http://www.ofspirit.com/lesleyschneider1.htm

Common Chakra Blockages
When too many unresolved emotions or memories are stored in a chakra, it becomes blocked. Some common reasons for blockages to chakras as a result of Childhood Sexual Abuse are as follows:

• Crown - There are two possible reasons: We are angry at God for not rescuing us, or we never want to return to our body to feel the memories of the physical experience.

• Third Eye - Our psychic abilities allowed us to pick up the feelings and thoughts of our abuser during the abuse.

• Throat - We were ordered to never tell about the abuse.

• Heart - It broke our heart to have someone we trusted and loved abuse us.

• Solar Plexus - The power-over nature of abuse results in our personal boundaries being forcibly knocked down, leaving us feeling powerless and victimized.

• Sacral - The sexual nature of the abuse, plus feeling you had to hide your feelings about the abuse, caused us to shut this down.

• Root - You lived in a constant state of survival, plotting how best to avoid further abuse, working out how to survive the actual abuse.

(I've long since moved on from this but I know others may find it helpful as a guide with healing.)