View Single Post
Old 22-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Science is coming more & more around to this concept that there are literally infinite numbers of universes constantly splitting and there are infinite versions of yourself too.

My question is what happens when all these other you's die, do they have their own individual afterlife or is there just one spiritual realm for all, how does this work??

Is there no afterlife as we think it..but perhaps on death we just switch to the next available parallel life, never knowing we switched perhaps??
If there is no "afterlife" then each of those versions dies and ceases to exist. No different than twins in this universe. Obviously it takes longer for all versions of you to cease as some get "lucky" and live much longer.

If there is an afterlife and reincarnation(or multiple incarnations), then this IS an after life (as you have lived lives before). How is it?

If there is an only one afterlife, then your ONE soul is in ALL those versions. As each version dies, that part of the soul "rejoins" the other parts. Eventually, your soul exits ALL versions of you and goes on to in the afterlife with the cumulative effect of everything that happened to all the yous.

I don't see that the multiverse has much to say about an afterlife (or lack of one) from a scientific point of view.