View Single Post
Old 19-03-2021, 02:16 PM
Deactivated Account
I tend to find the 1920's were my happiest. (This was in Weimar era Germany.) The explosion of the arts/creativity, there were studies for the LGBT+ done with regards to science and sexuality, advances in other areas of health and science, fashion and music, I enjoyed being out and about and have memories of meeting great people.

Granted, I had no awareness of my WWI experiences, and it wasn't until 1927 that I had my spiritual awakening (and even then was not yet aware of the WWI experiences), but there was such positive growth, despite things not being 'perfect', that out of all my memories I've had...those are the hardest to really lay to rest so as to focus on the present. There was still some innocence about me that has long since been lost...a sort of youth of some sort, that I look back upon with a wistfulness.

Below 40 degrees south there is no law. Below 50 degrees there is no God. - Old Sailors Adage

'In the eyes of the sea and of death, everything that is false, petty, ungenuine and untrue passes away; all empty phrases, all ringing words are extinguished; every human vanity, every human covetousness sinks away. In the face of the sea and of death only the simple, the unpretentious and the true is of value - and ultimately only the deed!' - Kptlt. Kaden