View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 10:18 AM
Knower
Should you be careful with auditory hallucinations?

I sometimes have visual and auditory hallucinations in my dreams. Of course, all dreams are - literally - visual and auditory hallucinations but here I am talking about fully or partly lucid dreams where I am aware that the experience is coming in through some kind of energetic connection (specifically the third eye).

I never mind the visuals (I enjoy them) but when I hear music in my head I always feel more worried. First of all, because the visuals are volatile but the music in my head tends to be persistent. I can disconnect from it by mentally jerking my head in a quick and abrupt way, but it takes effort and multiple attempts. Second, because it feels more invasive to have sounds in your head as compared to having sights. It's not hard for me to imagine hearing music in my head all day, whether I want to or not (I have experienced the same hallucination also in awake states, though this has been much more rare)

Can anyone relate to this? Maybe I should just let it happen (accepting the discomfort of uninvited music) and see where it goes? Or would it be better to shield myself from this experience? (like I was basically already doing)