View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 01:53 AM
Master

Foxtracks, I don't know exactly what your understanding of the three fold law is but I'd just like to say that Gardner never meant what most people understand this law to mean. In his book all he said was: when someone does a witch a favour it should be returned threefold. He never said that whatever you do comes back to you threefold as so many misinformed people today believe. I was trained in Gardnerian witchcraft in the '60's and the so-called law was never even mentioned. People have made it into something that it was never intended to be. You may think that Wicca is a fluffy harm none tradition, which it may be today, but back then it certainly was not. Part of our training was how to prepare and execute a curse when necessary. This is why most elders refer to the new so-called wicca as neo-wicca to distinguish it from the original tradition. I know I'm sounding as if I am not a fan of Wicca but that is not true - I'm simply not a fan of and disgusted with how wicca has been changed to the point of it not even being Wicca any more and to me that is shame and a disgrace.