View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 12:50 AM
Experiencer
I've always had a very strong affinity with trees. They're quite precious to me. In fact, as a very small child there were a few trees that I considered "surrogate parents". There was one I tended to go to when I was upset and it would always comfort me. Even today I frequently connect to trees and exchange "greetings", or just "check in" with those around me.

Then again, I tend to connect to everything in my world. In a thread I was reading here I ran into the "animist world view" (in relation to older indigenous cultures) and realized that's my world view. Always has been. Everything "speaks" to me - or nearly everything. But trees - trees are special. All different - all connected/separate - all singing/sleeping. I no longer climb them - too old and weak - but I still love them.

In fact, there's one tree I recently met who may have something for me, but so far I've been unable to "recognize" it. I suspect it's not "time" yet. And that's fine. I can be patient. That's one thing I can be. "I hear the song and sing along".