View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 11:46 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You made me google for "qualia" ... :)

I subscribe to the idea of a fractal structure in the sense of gestalt in gestalt in gestalt, in an universe made of consciousness, consciousness being seen as a dimension too.

I can imagine dreaming that I have a brain that is built of neurons, and in my dream having the same kind of conversation, having no any idea that I am a dream character.

My notion of multiverse relates to the universes created by each point of awareness, at all levels from atom, molecule, cell, mineral, plant, animal, man, and probably others.

In a room, me and my pet, he chasing a bug. At this level each one of us creates their own universe, three universes that aren't identical, "perceived" by each one's senses, that might not be exactly the same five, even more or or less than five.

Our perceptions aren't through senses, but are converted into the set of stimuli for those specialized senses from information we get form a "neural like network" if you want to which all of us are connected. It sounds complicated but it is actually simple once you accept there is no physical universe we somehow perceive.

Each point of awareness can project on a limited range on the consciousness dimension. That is actually the level of evolvement of each such point, man included. As I wrote somewhere, this range depends, at least in our perceivable range on the consciousness dimension, on evolving through instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition, from mineral through plant, animal, to man.

I got carried away. Sorry. If not interested please ignore.

Anyway, interesting to wonder about these, and working on some thought experiments.

Well nobody will ever need to apologize for getting carried away to me.

I can relate to almost all of that. I have also found that ditching the physical realism for something more akin to idealism does end up being something of a Rosetta stone.

I like the concept of a fractal structure made up of layers of gestalt, especially as there is no independent 'physical universe' as such, and so it is the gestalt of the reality we create that matters, the experience arising from the activities of the networks...of non physical idea based 'things'.

Consciousness itself underlying it all makes sense to me. Even if 3 dimensional objects could exist in an independent objective reality, zero, one, or two dimensional ones can only exist in our minds. The fact that fundamental particles are said to be zero size point particles, lends credence to the idea that at root there is no 'physical' reality which we sense, and that those physical senses are part of the dream as well.

Of course this is also already true in the sense that the only thing we know about those senses is from what we can experience in the holographic reality of the brain, that gestalt arising from that neural network. This idea that there is no actual physical reality is hard to accept for many as they experience it all as being so 'real'. Yet it cannot be denied, not even by the material realist, that what they are experiencing as 'real', is actually the holographic 'reality' created within the brain. Somehow, the activities of that neural network give rise to this holographic virtual reality where we live. Gestalt is the right word for the reality the brain creates. Even if it is another layer of Gestalt that is creating the brain itself.

A matrix of matrices perhaps. With consciousness underlying it all at the zero dimensional level. Perceiving/dreaming all of that information into a 'physical existence' within itself, giving reality to abstract concept, experiencing the non-physical as physical, giving meaning to that experience, and thereby gaining a greater and more in-depth understanding of it. Calling it, at least in this iteration, the experience of life.