Thread: Tarot Forum
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2021, 07:09 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think it's like always: do whatever feels good to you.
When I first started out I got most of the basic info online but somehow I never got further. Not even after I'd done a short Tarot course by someone on a forum. She was very from the head, logical, and I'm not wired that way.
Then, a few years later, I walked into a drugstore and they had a pile of Tarot books for a few Euros. I think sell-out from a publisher.
I browsed through it and it clicked right away! The way it was written was very easy to read and understand, aimed at beginners, and with all kinds of exercises to get the hang of Tarot and a deck.
The images of cards in it appealed to me tremendously and I knew I'd found the deck I wanted: the Robin Wood.
RWS went on a shelf, I never resonated with it which also had held me back for years, and I bought Robin Wood. That deck SO resonated with me, we hit it off right away, haha.

I started reading that book, diligently doing the exercises, and for the first time Tarot came to life!! It was amazing, beautiful!
I think it was meant to be, me finding that book for maybe $5 while I wasn't in a bookstore, not looking for a book either.

Now I never use the book anymore, no need, but it did get me started and really tuned into Tarot, which is what I needed it for.

Maybe others do it another way, without any book. I don't mind a little guidance :)

Just follow your own intuition in this.

I bought the deck Light Seer's Tarot. That deck really speak to me. A not so traditional deck I bought is The Wild Wood deck. Also bought a few books and the learntarot course online. When you have the right deck for you everything falls into place. It suddenly makes more sense. But, I do miss talking to people about tarot. I went looking for forums because I no longer have social media accounts.