View Single Post
Old 25-12-2020, 08:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
When the pandemic and its restrictions lessen and in-person lectures resume in Manhattan I'm definitely going to some and I'd love to coordinate attending where practical and schedules permit!

I too am very fond of the Mandukya Upanishad. Deep dreamless sleep is not the absence of experience but the experience of absence.

Back in 2015 and before I came across Vedanta I practiced techniques to induce lucid dreaming for half a year and with some success. I recently decided to take those practices back up and had the best LD yet several nights back. It was spontaneous too. No reality check needed. It just instantly dawned on me I was dreaming and I remembered to rub my hands together and say "I am dreaming" several times, thus stabilizing lucidity and extending the LD for as much of the dream as I could recall. Prospective memory was on the ball. LOL!

There's one site I'm a member of but haven't been active since 2015 called dreamviews and with several very skilled lucid dreamers. One member offers free courses in Dream Yoga with a separate sub-forum for techniques, exercises, reports, etc...

I've practiced "conscious sleep" for years and have been able to watch dream formation from start to finish. Lucid dreaming seems to be a subset of that process.