View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 11:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Guthrio, thanks.

Absolutely fascinating the wealth of information that just floats around out of our reach. Too much really for our present state.

Your 'Law of attraction' I'll read through asap.

My starting point that we aware beings, whatever we may be, and the ease with which we accept life as if we do actually know what it's all about is foremost in my mind at the moment. The seemingly 'take it for granted' attitude that we see when watching an elephant or a deer being born is quite remarkable. No different to a human except that we are apparently more fragile - not so physical - and so we take extra care.
The thought that denseness of physicality reflects a given stage of development appeals to me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...begins-when-s/
This spark could give a clue. It came into my mind because you mentioned 'spark' somewhere.

I'm pretty sure that Jung's 'collective unconscious' or whatever title we may give it, is at the least tending toward an explanation. This collected mass of information is the ocean out of which we sometimes peep above the surface.
At source we are fully informed - that's why we accept life so easily and sometimes treat it so cheaply.

Busby,

Thanks for your interest in the book, which I hope "sparks" further conversations. I especially enjoyed the author's treatment of the role of resistance, considering your words above "The thought that denseness of physicality reflects a given stage of development appeals to me."

Me too! As a matter of fact, I've come to consider our soul-journ on this plane as the spiritual equivalent of "weight-training"!

The author puts it this way:

"Will you encounter resistance? Oh, yes. Your activity creates it. Why? Because action requires reaction to support it. Resistance is the negative pole of action or activity, the positive pole as you have already heard, and you need both. If there were no resistance, action would be nonexistent. It is resistance that keeps the airplane soaring. Without resistance, it could not fly. Neither could the birds; or the fish swim; or you walk. As the power of the engine increases, the greater the momentum of the airplane and the greater the resistance necessary to support it. The greater the momentum, the greater the altitude or height possible to attain." (page 43/46)

Learning how to let our Spirits do the heavy lifting of living vs. total reliance on our physicality (i.e. our bodies) to overcome problems, seems to be the very thing our societies have omitted from the "curriculum", in favor of "no pain, no gain" schools of hard knocks.

I look forward to the challenge of learning...even after these ***years!

...and to learning from / with my class-mates!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 15-09-2020 at 12:58 AM.