View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 08:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Hi Busby,

Here's something that may catch your interest, and Ketzer's too

...your rice planter's reply, "stooped" by the knowledge gained from planting generations of paddies, would conclusively state "from a seed".

Whereas, the physicist, "steeped" in the knowledge gleaned from experiments conducted by generations of peers "still" wondering "how all this came about" ...would conditionally reply, Yes, from a seed...."but which contains infinite potential within it".

When I read this part of your post above, "Most children pop the question 'mummy, where do I come from?' at about the age of six or seven. The stork usually suffices as an answer. The absolute staggering, shocking, remarkable, extraordinary, incredible, flabbergasting realisation that I/we (and presumably everything) is/are in a state of awareness should be shouted from the roof tops every morning."

...I just had to climb upon the metaphorical rooftop, myself, to provide the answer referenced below. You may find it worth shouting about, too!

Enjoy!

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...5&postcount=61 Mom, Dad, How Did I Get Here?

Guthrio, thanks.

Absolutely fascinating the wealth of information that just floats around out of our reach. Too much really for our present state.

Your 'Law of attraction' I'll read through asap.

My starting point that we aware beings, whatever we may be, and the ease with which we accept life as if we do actually know what it's all about is foremost in my mind at the moment. The seemingly 'take it for granted' attitude that we see when watching an elephant or a deer being born is quite remarkable. No different to a human except that we are apparently more fragile - not so physical - and so we take extra care.
The thought that denseness of physicality reflects a given stage of development appeals to me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...begins-when-s/
This spark could give a clue. It came into my mind because you mentioned 'spark' somewhere.

I'm pretty sure that Jung's 'collective unconscious' or whatever title we may give it, is at the least tending toward an explanation. This collected mass of information is the ocean out of which we sometimes peep above the surface.
At source we are fully informed - that's why we accept life so easily and sometimes treat it so cheaply.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.