View Single Post
Old 18-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Legrand

NOTE

The court cards of the Tarot:

I won’t be using them in this symbolic study of the Tarot and the Tree of Life. It would make it to long, for each court card in the Tarot represents an aspect of the Tree of Life. As an example, the card the Queen of Fire, represents the Tree of Life with the sephiroth in Water (the world of
Briah) and the 22 paths or 22 Major Arcana in Fire (the world of Atziluth). When the Tree of Life is colored, it is most often shown in the colors of the Queen of Fire, for it represents the ultimate female/male equilibrium.

The card the King of Fire represents the Tree of Life with the sephiroth in Fire (the world of Atziluth) and the 22 paths or 22 Major Arcana in Fire (the world of Atziluth). And so on for the other court cards…

The Major Arcana:

They are 22 paths on the Tree of Life as they are 22 Major Arcana in the Tarot. For the paths, I will explore more the symbolic of the Tarot then that of the Sepher Yetzirah. It’s a personal perception, but the symbolic in the Tarot seems to me older and deeper than the one contained in the Sepher Yetzirah on the levels of the paths. For this study, I will not explore the difference in each path or arcana in each of the four worlds, but simply stick to their general meaning.