View Single Post
Old 19-03-2018, 04:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsingdoer
I received my P-SB7 Spirit box a few days ago (not so easy to source here in the UK) and am slowly getting to grips with it. It is a neat compact little gadget and has a plug-in external speaker which makes a real difference to the sound volume.

I must say straight away that so far I have heard nothing that I could claim to be authentic Spirit communication but it is early days and the time to record sessions at 20 minutes long then listen to them critically uses up the day rapidly! I have only used the box at home so far but when the weather improves I have a few interesting sites I plan to visit.

I do find the sweep sound, particularly on FM 100ms or 150ms, my usual choices, to be really off-putting - AM is much more listenable but allows too much radio breakthrough even on the fastest sweep speed. I have tried reducing the treble using Audacity audio editor and that does help somewhat but it still irritates me. Has anybody got any better ideas please?

All in all an interesting device to play with and It has increased considerably my respect for some of the You Tube recordings that are out there!

Chris.
Hi Chris.

My preferred setting is 200ms reverse on the FM band and it takes a while before you can hear anything as your ears have to get accustomed to it...and yes, recording helps because most of what you receive will only be heard on playback. I have found it quite weird that when I listen with my ears, I may hear parts of recognisable advertisments and such that I would term 'radio bleed' but when I play back that segment, the radio bleed that I had previously heard with my ears has totally vanished!

Anyway, keep going with it and yes, it takes practice and keep us informed how you are going with both this and your Raudive germanium diode.

Dianne.