View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 07:33 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Why I am totally convinced this thing actually works - so I am here to discuss it by answering questions that skeptics will often ask me, or stuff they will say:

1. "It is only just 'the radio".

It is funny how, at the beginning of my sessions, I will say 'hello spirits' and within the space of a whole sweep of the FM band on 200 mgs/sec I will hear 'Hi'...'hello'...'howdy'...'hello'...'hi there'. If it is just coincidental, it happening every time blows that out of the water too.

I was wondering what type of radio is used. Does it also receive terrestrial radio transmission, ie ordinary radio stations?

On Wikipedia there is some information on the Frank Sumption radio - a white noise sweep across the AM band that collects split second snippets of EVP! White noise is not the only colour. There is also pink, blue, violet, and even grey. And various other types, like shot noise etc...
In electronic production music (Audio Editing Software) there is a neat trick to separate vocal content from a song. If a karaoke version of the song is laid precisely along side the original song and played with one track inverted, ie with a 180 degree phase shift, then the music will cancel each other out leaving the vocals intact, as the remainder.

Are there any such techniques used other than ordinary radio reception?

... just a few thoughts on the subject.