View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 11:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow10
I'm trying to understand this oneness thing. I understand how people believe that the universe is one consciousness and each of us are part of this, just experiencing the world from a unique perspective. But that would mean that there is only one actual consciousness, and this doesn't work for me.

I like to use dreaming as my way to understand the universe. Because when you dream everything, from the other people, the trees, the buildings etc is all within you. The character you are in the dream is within your consciousness, as is everything else. Everything is very real in a dream, while you're dreaming and you don't question it at all until you wake up. That makes sense to me, and I believe it's roughly what's going on now , except sleep dreaming is like a step down from this awake dream. But then I get stuck on the other people in my life, and even animals. The other conscious beings.

I've come up with my own ideas. Maybe the idea about multiple universes is correct. Maybe each one of us is our own universe. Maybe the way people talk about parallel universes is just other consciousnesses (people). Could we just attract other people and experiences, or other universes into our lives depending on our own state of mind, or frequency at the time?

Is it like atoms? You know how certain atoms are attracted to each other and share their electrons to bond together? And others are repelled? Maybe each consciousness (person, universe) is like that in a much more complicated way. You know how you say, this person is in my orbit? We share experiences (electrons) with others for a period of time.

This could explain why we tend to attract the same types of people and experiences over and over until we change our own state of mind. But then I wonder, if it was this way, and each living being is their own "universe dream", then there must be something beyond the universe. And that just gets crazy because we couldn't ever imagine that.

Anyway, any thoughts or other ideas? I'd be interested to hear what other people think about this subject.

From a nondual perspective, Oneness is the only reality, and the many solid looking things we see around us, including ourselves, are merely a manifested appearance of difference where there is no difference whatsoever.

If this resonates, the point is to achieve a realization that we are already what we seek.