View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 04:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
You can mentally map whatever you want to circumvent any issues that you have on how others perceive you, but it doesn't mean anything if their sub-consciousness is actually bothered by you.
What do you mean by chaos, exactly?

You can have the control over your response to their actions/unconscious towards you and how you perceive them, so it's the same thing but a slightly different context. It's still your perceptions of.......but in this case their actions towards you/their unconscious. Circumventing only means that how you feel about what's going on is stuffed into your Shadow Self, and there you're avoiding rather than dealing with it. It'll also bite you on the backside later. What they do is their actions against you and it's your choice as to how you 'receive' them. At the very least their behaviour is a reflection of them not you, and I'm assuming you're not doing anything to provoke them so none of this is your fault. At least this approach can 'put some distance' emotionally between you and them, and lessen the impact on you. If it helps to feel sorry for them then by all means do, it'll help you create empathy/sympathy for them. That's not how you would treat people so always keep that in mind. Again, it's how you think about it and how you respond that counts. People usually have reasons to lash out at others, usually it's because they're hurting inside themselves and they want you to feel their pain or take it out on you. You're not doing that so that makes you stronger than them already.

It might be an idea to give vent along the way if you find your emotions overwhelming. I used to beat the hell out of my pillow and my wife sometimes screams at the seam but anything physical is fine as long as you focus the emotional energy on it. And no it's not easy, but you can gain much from it. Call it character-building if you like, because it will.