View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
@Lucky1; I'm shocked to see land is so cheap over there. I was born in the wrong place LOL!! 75$ per one square mile. Current costs are decent as well!

Sounds like a great 'project', that's something I'd love to have as well one day. I grew up on a large piece of land. We had a forest, and fields for sheep, fallow deer and horses. Costs of land here aren't even beginning to get close to what you experience(d) though, but it's something I will consider in the future. There's a good chance that more land will be available in the future as farmers are constantly pressured and more are moving to Canada and also Russia.

What are some of the animals that roam in your area?

Altair...its not Per square mile...its by the acre and there are 640 acres in a square mile which is called a section.

In the early 1980's I paid about $75 per acres....about $48,000 per square mile...still pretty reasonable back then for the amount of land involved.

These days its just gone nuts at $2000 per acres and up...sometimes a lot up depending on where the property is at.

My land is a few miles west of Aguilares TX....it is all undeveloped, what is known as southern TX brush country.

As far as animals we have tons of whitetail deer, wild hogs, quail, coyotes and morning doves.

In Spanish, Aquilar means eagle.....so Aquilares is a place of the eagles and we have tons of Crested Caracara flying around...this is the Mexican Eagle.

We also have some apex predators show up from time to time such as Mountain lions and Jaguars that cross over from Mexico.

As far as unwanted "wildlife" We've had a big problem with illegal aliens coming across the border and crossing the property and leaving trash all over...stealing etc.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!