View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Ascender
I have no personal experience of leaving a companion animal, as I have never left one alone, even for one night. In the past, when we used to travel between France and the UK, our dog always came with us (via Eurotunnel, which allows companion animals to remain in the car with their humans). Even when we went to a restaurant, our dog usually came with us. We tended to go only to restaurants which allowed dogs to enter.

However, your circumstances are special and I understand that you need to pursue your career and the chance to spend a long time in Germany is a good opportunity for you. In my opinion, you have made very good arrangements: for a cat lover to stay full time in your flat whilst you are away. You couldn't really have thought of any better plan that that. The cats will have food and water, and most important - lots of love and attention from the cat-loving person staying in your flat.

I don't think that you have any reason to feel uneasy. The cats will certainly remember you when you return.