View Single Post
Old 27-11-2020, 01:13 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
Hey there!

1) Lol well you can meet my teacher and see

2) I can attest these things exist, if that helps to know

3) Safe to say I myself have 100% absolute veridical proof in my own sadhana but wanted to reitterate that this itself isn't the point. We prove to our self these things are real but then never take up the actual path of self realization by asking "who am I?" or "what am I?" What are we to these secret powers that seem so tantalizing to the part of our mind that isn't the real us?

4) Most siddhis can be learned at a specific juncture in the spiritual path, after breaking through a certain point. This very special point MUST be reached first. To seek it out just to see if it's real, I do totally understand as well as urge people to lol, but to continue chasing them will absolutely send one off on a huge tangent and cost someone potentially many many lifetimes of reincarnation and suffering they could have cut allot shorter. The grace I've personally earned was the kind which kept me from doing this very thing.

5) This among other reasons are the reason why nobody shouts it from the rooftop "hey guess what!" lol. But should you find what you're looking for I assure you the siddha will likely be compassionate towards your query and should it be the case that they oblige you I strongly suggest have something with you to offer back. Do not EVER go to someone like that empty handed ever.

Thanks, a lot of useful content.
1) yes maybe - who is he and where is he situated?
2) yes, that helps :)
3) I did not understand the meaning of your last sentence there
4) can you elaborate a bit more on this juncture point and how I might be able to estimate how far I am from this point or how to reach it?
5) "hey guess what" yes, I hope the Siddha would understand that I am not searching these things to brag about them or stuff. This truely is more about understanding the nature of reality. Plus I would never use a siddhi to cause suffering. What do you deem reasonable in terms of "not empty handed"?

@BigJohn
oh yes, definately. My meditation sucks most of the time. If I am lucky, I get a few minutes per week of absolute stillness during my meditation. This may be the hardest thing I ever worked on

@Aditi
as mentioned already, I am far from getting stuck with them for lower reasons. The most important thing is just to know without the shadow of a doubt that these things can be achieved - and then also to understand why nobody seems to use them. What I mean is: there is so much good that could be done with siddhis - but why is nobody (?) doing it? Politicians and corporate greed destroy our planet and it would be rather easy for a siddha to change something about that.
I know the story of the two friends and the ferryman :) but to fully understand I think one has to experience the "this is better than what you did"-part. Because without having reached it, how can anyone know that attaining enlightenment if far far better than "just" attaining a siddhi? I imagine someone who never fell in love. How are you gonna describe to him what he misses? I think it's impossible. It's like describing colors to a (color-)blind.

@BlueElephant
Why should one not be proud that one has achieved this stage? What's wrong with being happy that all the hard work has finally paid off?

@all
Which siddhis did you experience? Please tell me