Thread: Animal Egos??
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2020, 02:39 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Fortunately, both the ego and the intellect can be valuable tools if not allowed to run things

Ego is an abstract ergo Metaphsyical-1, mind/intellect/conceptual associated phenomena resultant of complex biologicals that have a nervous system.

Woman being the most complex with man a close 2nd.

As for other less complex animals, they all have a complex consciousness, that, with mammals do have some varying degrees of access to abstract Metaphyiscal-1, mind/intellect/conceputal behaviours, that, may include and ego. I dunno.

Cetacean perhaps having the most access to this abstract abilities are most likely case for access to some degree of abstract ego. I saw a program some years back, about man who was using microphones to listen to dolphins or or porposies, where he believe he heard the parent{s} using indivualistic calls for each individual offspring/progeny.

Here is what I found on quick search. LINK

And here LINK
....."Bottlenose dolphins therefore appear to be unique as nonhuman mammals to use learned signals as individually specific labels for different social companions in their own natural communication system"...

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman