Thread: Save Our Bees
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2012, 01:24 PM
amy green

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
i've signed and posted it on fb but i must confess to being a littl;e suspect of what a "national plan" to save the bees would entail. generally them in charge are with the same kind of scientists that have created this problem and one wonders if their methods would further destroy the bee population. rudolph steiner spoke of the coming dangers to the bees in the 1920's. i recently heard that some mite or similar had been found as a cause for concern and that treatment involved wiping them out, no doubt with some sort of anti-biotic or poisnous fuming process...duh

Thanks for posting this on your fb and I understand your reservations necta I somehow doubt that it would be the same kind/group of scientists that caused the problem though that Friends Of The Earth were involved with....they're a savvy bunch. (I used to co-ordinate a local FoE group). Anyway something is better than nothing I guess! In the absence of anything better....

Yeah, I remember hearing about a mite causing their decline. Also that this was not the only reason though....e.g. also there's a pesticides link....enter GM technology (ugh!) - see above post #3.