View Single Post
Old 30-01-2021, 03:34 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Did you guys ever hear that Christians -not all, of course, certainly some,
and maybe non-Christians, too, to be fair...
think that since they believe a global renewing is going to happen---I mean land
turning upside down to reveal fresh new earth all over,
they don't bother to recycle anything, cuz why? Why bother.
Just wondering.

Oh, I see this really about whether we are doing ART. Sorry.
Well, no I'm retired, but I go to the bank still cashing checks from art sales.

This calling people deniers is wrong...I guess I've missed that.

I certainly understand why they're being called deniers. They're denying that the general scientific consensus is true.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just own it. If they truly don't believe the general scientific consensus, then why would they care about being identified as doing so?

Ultimately, I believe the science, but I don't think that the average person has much control over things. So I wonder at the possible futility of even arguing the issue.

Regardless, here you have the environmentally conscious so concerned about the tiny bit that they contribute to pollution that they're willing to stifle their own spirit and cease to create art. Meanwhile, all the Machiavellians are just fine continuing to rake in profits hand over fist and giving less than a rat's...okay I won't say it. But you know.

Such is the world.

Of the religious folks who think it will someday be heaven on Earth for them because they said some magic words, I would have to say...don't hold your breath while you're waiting.

Of the environmentalists who think it will someday be heaven on Earth for them because they sorted their trash and stopped painting landscapes, I would have to say...don't hold your breath while you're waiting.