View Single Post
Old 20-11-2020, 06:40 PM
Master

Considerations Twenty-Two …

I’m Saying WHAT to myself ?

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

One of the greatest insights into just what your own personal viewpoint is about Life is to watch what you tell yourself inwardly. I am not talking about what you tell others during normal conversation or personal encounters with other people … although that certainly gives a glimpse. I am talking about what you are constantly telling yourself in your quiet or active inner thoughts to yourself. What are the thoughts that go through your mind as you drift off to sleep? What little comments do you say to yourself as you respond to your own activities?

This is part of becoming aware of your own state of consciousness. What you tell yourself inwardly … any time … anywhere … is what is forming your beliefs and your life perspectives. You can practice all the quiet inner time you wish … but if you are constantly bickering with yourself or acknowledging aspects of your own behavior in a critical light … you are shooting yourself in the foot. No one … including yourself … can take many forward steps if they spend vast amounts of inner time telling themselves the opposite. It’s not just that the mind tends to chatter … it is just *what* it chatters about.

Again … a journal can help you keep track of it all. These are the inner whisperings that you want to take charge of. Even the little issues that may seem trivial are just building blocks to the larger patterns that you may or may not appreciate in your own state of consciousness. The bigger issues resolve themselves … or at least become much more controllable … when you take the time and effort to form a set of habits that will put you in the position to revise and regain control and attain your goals.

People *can* learn to resolve these issues and get to destinations beyond where they are at the moment … to learn … to grow and advance. Affirmations can help … but it is much more beneficial to get yourself involved in the opposite viewpoint of what you are inwardly telling yourself.

I went through a long period decades ago and when I caught myself saying something personally negative … I would counter it with at least two positive thoughts. It was better if I had a good, solid conversation with myself along the positive expression. I might have a negative thought … then catch myself … then begin to have a conversation along the positive line and really try to get involved with it … not just an affirmation … but a real conversation. Yes … many of these did not feel natural at the moment … and that is to be expected when you are trying to lead yourself away from one pattern and towards something new. The “new” … rarely feels natural.

There was a great ploy by my own mind in that it would try to convince me that I was “lying” to myself. Yes … when I am trying to counter an old limiting pattern and I was trying to set in motion some of the foundations to build on to grow beyond the old viewpoint … I was certainly “lying” to the old habitual pattern. Such is the nature of the game.

I had to learn to go easy on myself. To get angry when this happened only gave energy to the old pattern. I had to learn to trick … to lead … to out-game.

Many wish to know *how* it can be done … but no one can really tell you that because no one know really how you are going to go about getting to your goal / your destination … how much effort … what techniques … how often … your sincerity … your attitude … your focus. It is the ageless battle of the old verses the new … one at a time … making a total game out of it … but being steadfast and perseverant in the interplay.

If you wish to get a handle on these patterns … it has to be done … now … or later. Who knows what “later” will involve.

The first half-dozen or so links on the neville Goddard page that I gave earlier can offer good glimpses on this. Inner speech can be one of the most revealing information about just what you are all about … and to revise and re-focus that inner speech can pay huge dividends.

Again … Google Neville Goddard Text Archive.

Do some of your own research on inner speech. You would be amazed at what you are constantly telling yourself inwardly. This can be done without anyone knowing your intent. Look for the larger core issues. Really get good at building your own countering positive inner conversations. The more you believe in the positive encouragements … the more quickly you will begin to turn the corners that will loosen the limitations. Affirmations are good quick statements … but to get more involved with an entire inner conversation along the positive statement … get into it … develop it … then it will become more real to you and things begin to reshape.

There is no easy or magical way to do this. It is an inner discipline … and it is something that you will have to contend with as long as one is in the lower psychic worlds. Mind will always be ready, willing, an able to pull you back into an old pattern you have chosen to set aside.

My next post in a day or two will have an exceptionally critical factor concerning this … and similar … approaches.

More later.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -