Thread: Always thinking
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2022, 07:21 AM
Master
Yes this is a huge lesson in not desiring anything but being with what is.

The most difficult part is often once you’ve had a lot of bells and whistles, profound experiences (as you perceive) when everything settles, it can as I learned, become a bit of a let down, when it’s integrated into less. It’s so easy to get trapped in wanting more of those kind of experiences.

I like the more spontaneous moments now. The unexpected ones that meet you.

Last night,I joined in with a group meditation and I was sitting outside in nature under the full moon in Tasmania and in the presence of all this, let myself be still and everything around me was calm and very quiet.

During the meditation, a great gust of wind swirled through me and the space I sat. I had my hands cupped in my lap. I felt something land in my hands. After the meditation I looked down and there in my hand was a dried gum leaf, perfectly cocooned..

(Most of my meditation group would signal this as something profound, interpreting it into something. For me it was allowing, being present with myself and that moment, without interpretation of what just was.)