Thread: immortal words
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2021, 03:50 PM
eninn

in the bible
they use the title (Far’ah) - that is: Pharaoh - to refer to the kings of ancient Egypt, the same as the king of Egypt in the time of Joseph, peace be upon him, and its king in the time of Moses, peace be upon him. We read - for example - in the Book of Genesis (41:14): “Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon: and he shaved himself, and changed his raiment, and came in unto Pharaoh.

And in the story of Moses, peace be upon him,

the governor at the time of Moses is referred to as “pharaoh”:

[]Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.
Exodus 8

To other consistent texts describing the King of Egypt as "Pharaoh", regardless of the time in which he lived.

But the Qur’an is the word of God that never makes mistakes, so the Qur’an is very accurate
Moses was not the only prophet who lived in the lands of Egypt in ancient history. The prophet Joseph lived there before him.

We see a certain parallel when reading the stories of Moses and Joseph. When addressing the Egyptian governor during Joseph’s time, the word “malik” is used in the Quran:

“And the king said, "Bring him to me; I will appoint him exclusively for myself." And when he spoke to him, he said, "Indeed, you are today established [in position] and trusted."”. "[Quran, Sura Yousouf 12:54]

On the contrary, the governor at the time of Moses is referred to as “pharaoh”:

“We surely gave Moses nine clear signs.1 ˹You, O Prophet, can˺ ask the Children of Israel. When Moses came to them, Pharaoh said to him, “I really think that you, O Moses, are bewitched.””. "[Quran, Sura Al-Isra 17: 101]

The historical chronicles that are available today show the reason for the different nomenclature of these governors. The word “pharaoh” was originally the name given to the royal palace in ancient Egypt. The governors of the old dynasty did not use this title. The use of the word pharaoh as the title of governor did not begin until the New Kingdom era. This period begins with the 18th dynasty (1532-1292 BC) and the word pharaoh was adopted as a title of respect from the 20th dynasty (945-730 BC).

The miraculous nature of the Qur'an is once again evident: Joseph lived in the days of the Old Kingdom and therefore the word king "malik" was used for the Egyptian governor rather than the "pharaoh". In contrast, as Moses lived in New Kingdom times, the governor of Egypt is called “pharaoh”.

There is no doubt that one has to know the history of Egypt in order to be able to make such a distinction. However, the history of ancient Egypt was completely forgotten from the 4th century onwards as the hieroglyphics could no longer be deciphered and it was not rediscovered until the 19th century. Therefore, there was no in-depth knowledge of Egyptian history when the Quran was revealed