View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 09:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
probably the best thing that ever happened to me was the day I realized I wasn't going to be able to 'protect' myself from pain and hatred and I had the choice to continue to fight to try to get to some 'sacred' space where I could be 'safe' or just accept things as they are... because fighting to get what I cannot have anyway just seems senseless and that made it easy to shed more weight
The space is within my own heart and it also needs to be nurtured. Compassion means for me acceptance of all the colours of experience. I still have a desire to create, paint a world of colour as I flow.
I see a town of rubble and ash in my mind, as I pass through colour flows through me, painting the town, a blend of old and new. I saw myself sit down by the rubble and cry, my tears and my presence brought colour back into the town.
A hand on my shoulder and a gentle voice informing me that my presence is enough.

Acceptance is a worthy and required goal (for me) as is acknowledging that my dreams are always directing me towards my path and my path is to also accept my path as valid, with all of its darkness and light.

We have a community here, which I am a part of. My inner work of nurturing the sanctuary of my own heart reflects outwardly too. Community is important, we would not have made it as a species without it.