Thread: No God
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2019, 01:44 AM
Master
It can be twisted to make Gods appear, but this is the way the mind wrests the inexplicable by telling stories. One can see the way the way the mind fabricates this and we end up with thousands of sects that tell different stories and a plethora of sectarian Gods.

The teacher Gotama was not talking about Gods. He was only saying there is suffering in the world and it can be resolved. Apparently no one caught on - probably because one has to face reality (no easy feat) - and people continue to imagine sectarian Gods in preference to being truthful with themselves.

I know when I talk about the feeling of your breath the mind will concoct visions of prana energy and so on in order to distract itself from the actuality of sensation which you can simply feel. All of a sudden mind creates a special magic breath other than the sensation which is there, and this excitement is a favoured form of distraction.

Ive been through it during my meditation studies. The mind tried to imagine the breath as a special kind of light or life force, but it isn't. It turns out it is the sensation as it is experienced without any imagination added to it. That's where the story ends and the reality begins, because it is simply true 'this is the feeling as it is'. That doesn't explain anything, which is very unsatisfying, so the mind starts to make stuff up as a means of distraction and before a minute is gone you are no longer paying attention to the real lived as mind has swept you away. People want an answer, abstract knowledge, a belief no matter how implausible, and do not want to be aware of 'what is', just as it is, just in the way it is experienced.

To me it is amazing that a context so simple as the feeling of your breathing makes the sectarian beliefs people give so much importance to completely irrelevant. I say feel your breathing and everyone knows that regardless of their spiritual beliefs. How is it that these beliefs are contextually irrelevant to actuality?